The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit. “‘From this day on I will bless you.’”
His thunder announces the coming storm; even the cattle make known its approach.
West Granby, CT
When a farmer plows for planting, does he plow continually? Does he keep on breaking up and working the soil?
Holcomb Farm is a 312-acre working historic farm located in the heart of West Granby, Connecticut. It is comprised of:
- A nonprofit, mixed-vegetable production farm that produces abundant, delicious produce without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. We grow on 26 acres of Town-owned property for a 450 member Summer CSA, 100 member Winter CSA, wholesale customers, our farm store, and our food donation program, called Fresh Access. We use only chemical- and GMO-free methods and sign the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Connecticut’s Farmer’s Pledge.
- 10+ miles of trails that are open to the public, from dawn to dusk. Our trails connect to McLean Game Refuge and Granby Land Trust trails, and wind their way through the beautiful, varied terrain of rural West Granby, in the foothills of the Berkshires. Learn more.
- The Holcomb Tree Trail, where nearly 100 trees are labeled with their common and botanical names; and interpretive signs teach readers more about the trees and the landscape. Learn more.
- A beautiful banquet facility for life’s special events. All private bookings are handled through the Town of Granby’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- A community gathering place in a historic New England setting.
- A nonprofit organization that does good work in Hartford County. Through Fresh Access, we donated more than 15 tons of fresh produce to people in need in 2022. In addition, through the Friends of Holcomb Farm and our CSA, we host periodic events that celebrate healthy living, almost always free-of-charge, and open to all.
The farm is operated collaboratively by the Town of Granby and a Board of Directors composed of local citizens.
They spring up like flowers and wither away; like fleeting shadows, they do not endure.